Tuesday, April 7, 2009

more of the same

I guess wanting to blog regularly also comes with not always having much going on to write about.

Besides just managing day to day with a bum ankle, not much is going on. Today I had off work and I'm struggling with not wanting to do much of anything with wanting to do everything. I'm going a little stir crazy, but readily get reality checks when I do anything I shouldn't on my ankle. I've been loaned a crutch, yes just one, until I can walk more easily. And ANYTHING is better than nothing. The crutch is really helping. For all the websites that say walking normally will help you heal faster, I bet those people also had pain killers. Me, my crutch, and bottle of tylenol are doing just fine. The swelling continues to go down slowly, and the bruising is still there. It kinda freaks me out to look at my ankle, so I ask rob to monitor for any significant changes.

We were hoping to catch the NCAA finals this week, but have only managed to see the second half of one final four game. Watching that game at Heaven, really made me miss East Point and Oz Pizza - or as Rob pointed out, our old sofa and frozen pizza.

We're hoping to have a party for Easter, and I'm hoping that my recovery will allow for such extravagance.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh East Point and MY old sofa :) Love Y'all!

    ReplyDelete