Friday, November 14, 2008

Explanation of previous posts

So, don't worry! You won't have to read through long catalogs of all our days here everyday. But everything here is so new and I want you to know what is going on with us until we are able to set up a skype schedule and until things gain a sense of normalcy. And I no longer feel the need to tell you what we eat for breakfast. :)

--Also I am claiming that my spelling is so bad b/c of trying to learn a new language...it will get worse. Also because for the past few days my malaria drugs have made me feel loopy, and I'm jet lagged, err go, i get allowances.--

Good news is the side effects from my malaria drug, Malarone, has subsided and I feel great. Right now Rob and I are sitting outside the Anglican church listening to the choir sing praise songs in English. It is wonderful.

Today was a fun day. we started off with a great breakfast again and the company of Roger and the Anglican Archbishop of Kigali. We had to be introduced to him properly. Then we debriefed with Malu on the standing of the savings groups and then took a lunch break to cactus cafe. (english names are strange here). Don't let the name fool you. It was like paradise. Flowering trees, a clear view of the mountains, a tropical rain shower, excellent french/belgian food and wonderful fruit juices. Another plus Free internet for as long as your there. So I was able to see all your great emails that made me enjoy my day even more. Rob was happy too, but they especially lifted my spirits. I can say that after the mal effects of the malarone have worn off, I feel great and am really excited to be here.

Well, It is dinner time here and we don't want to be late for the supper Janet has prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment