Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Eli is 3

Eli turned the big 3.0 months yesterday and here's his big boy picture.

To celebrate, we went to Wendy Jo's Homemade...Eli wanted a mint chocolate chip milkshake.


Things that are new for us

-Lots and lots of smiles! It took us awhile to get here, but all these toothless grins are enough to send my mommy heart over the edge.

-conversations. Elijah has a lot to say. He coos-long multi-sound coos, responds to my questions, and dare I say sings and tells jokes that crack him and me up. At his one month check-up, the Dr. asked us if he regarded us. After Rob said, "yes, highly," I began to think, "no, not much eye contact yet." But at a full 3 months, "yes, highly indeed." Eli wants to be in the conversation now.

-Where's mom? With the Grands in town last weekend, we all noticed that Elijah was turning toward my voice and looking for me. Oh, the joys of motherhood.


Up next for us... I think Elijah will be rolling over in no time.

5 comments:

  1. He is so precious!!! I'm excited to follow your blog! We blog as well...it's so nice when you never see each other to be able to stay caught up!!! Hope we get to meet Eli soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am dying aboud eli highly regarding yall. i dejectly had to tell the doctor at the early checkup, no he doesn't emote with us at all! is something wrong? now he's a little ball of emotion up in my face. your little man in so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I can't believe how different he looks- so much more like a real person :) Now I just need you to post baby pics of you and rob so I can figure out who he looks like cause I'm horrible at that game. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo! Eli has become a real camera ham in short order. Can't wait to see him again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, he really stepped up his game from month 2 to 3. He really does look like a little man now! What a stud. I think he looks like Rob FYI, he seems to have his eye shape.

    ReplyDelete