Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Dinner for Lazarus

I don't know when it started but as a kid I had two traditions at Christmas time. My poor parents must have rolled their eyes every year. One was that I would dump the entire contents of our freezers ice tray on the deck hoping to help lower the outside air temperature and wait for a white Christmas. "I'm just helping" I would tell my mom as she asked what I was doing with all her ice while she was trying to prepare holiday dish after dish. I'm sure that's not the kind of help she was hoping for, but I thought it might help God get the idea that I really wanted snow for Christmas.

And two, I insisted that our pets had special food for Christmas too. While my mom did the shopping for our Christmas dinner, I would run off in search of something feline appropriate for theirs. Surely they knew we were having special food, and it just wouldn't be right to not include our 4 legged members of the family.

Well this year one tradition continues. Though I don't have any ice to put on the back porch and if I did it would be water before I got out the door we do have a dog. The special meal for our dog, ... that, that I can handle. This morning Lazarus dined on Christmas cookies for breakfast! I was a little to slow with the camera this morning. By the time I had it out, I think most if not all his cookies had been gobbled up!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas!! We miss you two. I love that you have a dog.

    ReplyDelete